Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I am on the cover of Chess Life 4 Kids as Mr. Perfect!!

It was amazing to see myself on the cover of the magazine. Thanks to Chess Life 4 Kids Editor, Glenn for the new moniker. I like the sound of "Mr. Perfect", I hope I can continue to build on my success at Pan-am.


To see the full magazine please go to uschess.org (membership required). Members get a magazine by mail too.

The article also has my favorite game that I played long time ago in Sept'07. It is a very simple game which follows the rules I learned from Mr. Shorman. After the opening every move is based on some kind of attack or to bring a new piece into attack.

I have played a few tournaments after my return from Argentina. At labor day, I lost couple of games from winning positions. After that I played at Santa Rosa, which was okay but I played either very strong or very weak players.

I have started preparing again however it is not at the same level as Pan-Am. Now that school has started I get less time for chess. On my way back from school I run at a park near our home. Then I eat and do my home work. After that I study chess for about 1-1.5 hours every day. Then I play with my sister Tashi before dinner and going to bed.

Less than 5 weeks to go for WYCC 2009, Antalya, Turkey:)

2 comments:

Urvi Shah said...

Hello Tanuj...Wish you best luck from Dada n Dadi..God Bless..
Indu

Unknown said...

tanuj god bless u
all the best
love rupa mama ,dida ,nani masi and all