Tuesday, December 15, 2009

6'o clock CBS5 Eyewitness News on 12/15

Did you all watch the 6'o clock CBS5 news today?


If not, check this out. If you have seen it, look at it again :)
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=59303@kpix.dayport.com

Well here is my experience and inside version. CBS Eyewitness team of Anthony Catchatoorian, the producer and Greg with camera who usually covers football games came over to our home on Dec 1st. They just called my dad and asked what time would I be available and came with a big camera and some equipment within an hour. They even had a teeny weenie microphone that they pinned to my collar. It was actually quite cool.

Since this my first time in an interview I had no idea what to expect. They were nice and asked me simple questions about my achievements, what I study, etc. The entire session was about an hour long. I even played a blitz game for them to record me in action. The final video is 1 minute and 37 seconds. Today when Anthony sent us an email, my dad informed all the friends and family to tune in their TVs.

3 comments:

Alan Kirshner said...

Tanuj,
Ted informed me and I did watch. Congrats. For a first big interview you came through as a professional. If chess doesn't work out as a career, I think you can make it on T.V.

Alan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.